Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What can you learn from yoga? Flexibility....

I was a little bit crazy. I was that kid that wrote 20 page book reports every three weeks (10 pt. font, single spaced)... in seventh grade.

I won't go into specifics, but I basically ended up with three minors, two majors, and an honor's concentration (which entails two separate emphasis's), and a premed concentration. In four years, thank you very much.

Why, oh why, would you ever do this?

First of all, I could. I meticulously planned my courses so that I could get the maximum cross-over.

Second of all, I was very reluctant to give up options. I enjoyed everything so much, that I had such a hard time 'picking' a life.

Interestingly, the education that most affected my life-choices were unplanned. The random human rights course I decided to take (which ended up being part of my main major); studying abroad; volunteering in the hospital; taking a unique job I ended up loving. Planning out your education has its benefits, but you have the potential to be surprised by allowing yourself the flexibility to let the unexpected affect you.

Take risk! (Safe, educational type risk, of course.) You never know what will end up shaping you.

No comments:

Post a Comment