Thursday, July 15, 2010

Design Dilemmas


I have way more respect now for the process that goes into design.

I'm the kind of person that either likes or dislikes something. If I want to buy a shirt, I try on 7, and immediately know which one I want.

You would think that the design process would be similar, right? Ooh, lets just pick a pretty color, slap some pretty lettering on it, and botta boom botta bang, we have ourselves the coolest shirt ever.

Close, but no cigar.

There is font, and color, and shade. There is the placing of the imprint, the imprint itself, the ulterior unintended messages that could accidentally happen, oh my!

The end result, of course, is fantastic. However, who would have guessed that six color choices for background, ink choices, paying attention to gender considerations . . .

It makes me tired just thinking about it. So, when you take this shirt after it's printed, wear it with pride. A lot went into its creation. Mwahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment